The words Sea and Ocean is still a conundrum to most people as everyone thinks they mean the same thing. But there is great difference between the two words as I will illustrate.
- Sea: – It can be defined as the expanse of salt water that spreads on the majority of the world’s surface and encompasses its landmasses, or in simple terms the sea is a large salty water body which is mostly surrounded by land.
- For example when an Ocean passes between two or more land surfaces is then regarded as the sea. Notwithstanding the body is littler contrasted with an ocean. It is said it does not have natural outlet. Seas are typically situated close to land and are utilized to interface the land with an ocean. Regularly seas and oceans are utilized conversely because of the way that they are associated. Seas are likewise associated with the land and transform into beaches. The seas are additionally connected with substantial waves that are not noticeable in the oceans.
Names of Seas on Earth
- Caspian Sea
- Dead Sea:
Interesting Facts About Dead Sea: – there is no marine life in the Dead sea as the high mineral and salt substance of the waters make it incomprehensible for fish or plants to live. Also, the Dead Sea is the second saltiest water body on the planet, with a salt substance of 33%.
Because of such high measure of salt you can really lay on the surface of the water without attempting to skim/float since the high salt substance makes you buoyant. It is vital to note that Water streams into the Dead Sea from streams and rivers yet does not stream out.
Dead Ocean salt is super intense and not in any way like table salt, the Dead Sea is loaded with minerals including calcium, iodine, saline, potassium, and bromide and every one of these minerals are all natural.
- Mediterranean Sea
- Black Sea;
Interesting Facts About Black Sea:
- Constant Water Level-Since the low and high tides in the black sea are not there, hence there are not variances in the water levels. Significantly, the Sea surface is constantly quiet, tranquil and even peaceful.
- Presence of Underwater River-The channels ordinarily found at the base of the sea floor is incompletely explained with the disclosure of a vast submerged waterway in the Black Sea. The submerged waterway is the primary streaming water that is as yet dynamic and, on the grounds that it conveys residue over the sea bottom, researchers now trust that it has the capability of supporting life in the aloof lower layer of the Black Sean.
- Has Anoxic Water-The Black Sea is presently the biggest anoxic water body (exhausted of oxygen) on the planet. What this really means is that the development between the predominant and inferior layers of water is extremely restricted. The absence of oxygen in the lower water layer decides noteworthy temperature contrasts, both components making the base of the ocean latent. Truth be told, at around 200 meters of profundity, the water contains a hydrogen sulfide zone that makes the presence of any life to be inconceivable.
- Boarders Six Countries-The map of Black Sea flaunts its 159,600 sq mi sea lying between South East Europe and Asia. This sea is connected with the Mediterranean Sea through Bosporus, the Sea of Marmara and the Dardanelles. It is an amazing feature on the map of Black Sea that it is surrounded by six different countries. Sharing its shores with boundaries of Turkey, Romania, Ukraine, Bulgaria, Russia and Georgia, this sea is the connecting link between all these six different countries.
- China Sean
- Red Sea
- North Sea
- Ocean:- It can be defined as a large salty water body that covers all the contents.
Names of the Ocean on Earth
Division of the Ocean
The ocean is divided into zones mainly three zones, the zones are divided according to the amount of light each zone receives.
1. Euphotic Zone or Sunlight Zone
This is the top layer, closest the surface. Here there is sufficient light entering the water to bolster photosynthesis. Since photosynthesis happens here, more than 90 percent of all marine life lives in the sunlit zone. The sunlit zones goes down around 600 feet. Numerous creatures possess this zone. Most fish live in this zone. Tiny fish happens in this zone.
2. Disphotic Zone or Twilight Zone
Just a little measure of light can infiltrate the water at this profundity. As the water winds up noticeably more profound, the weight increment, as well. Plants don’t grow here. Just creatures that have adjusted to minimal light survive. Creatures that live in a twilight zone include:- rattalk fish, hatchet fish, viperfish, and mid-water jellyfish. This dim part of the Ocean starts at around 600 feet under the water and stretches out to the darkest part, which starts around 3000 feet down. Some squid and fish can utilize their bodies to make light. These animals are said to have bioluminescence.
3. Aphotic Zone or Midnight Zone
90% of the sea is in the midnight zone. It is completely dark here as there is no light. The water weight is extraordinary. The temperature is close cold. The living things found here live near crust in the earth crust. These breaks emit mineral-rich materials from the Earth itself. Exceptional types of microscopic organisms use hydrogen sulfide from the breaks for vitality to make sustenance. All other living things in the midnight zone are supported by these microorganisms. Living things in the midnight zone include: tripod angle, ocean cucumber, snipe eel and opossum shrimp