There are numerous different types of gases present in our universe. There are different types of gases from noble to natural gases. With gases present all around us, it is important we know a few facts about them.
1. Gas is a state of matter like liquid and solid.
2. Gases that are pure consists of only one atom, neon is an example of a pure gas.
3. Elemental gases consists of 2 or more atoms of the same type for example, Hydrogen gas is made up of two hydrogen atoms.
4. Compound gases unlike elemental gases are made up of a combination of atoms. CO, Carbon monoxide is a compound gas made up of two different atoms, carbon and oxygen.
5. Air that is all around us is made up of different types of gases. It has nitrogen, oxygen, argon, and a few other types of gases.
6. Pascal is the scale used to measure gas pressure.
7. Methane makes up most of natural gases. It is the gas you find in your home for cooking and heating.
8. Helium is lighter than air, that is why balloons that have helium float around air.
9. Nobel gases are the most stable of gases in normal conditions. These gases are: neon, argon, helium, xenon, radon, and krypton.
10. If you heat water, it turns into vapour which is a type of gas. It turns from a liquid state to gas due to the process of heating.
11. There is limited bound between gas particles that is why they are in the state they are. If the bond was stronger they would no longer be gas and become liquid or solid.